Test Automation Engineer
Who are we?
Roamler manages crowds, matching the need of companies for efficiency, with people who perform on-demand tasks, anytime and everywhere. This helps businesses increase flexibility and individuals access a wider range of opportunities, regardless of their availability, skills and location.
Today, Roamler offers crowd-powered solutions throughout Europe, within field marketing and technical home installations, with the brands Roamler Retail, Roamler Tech and Roamler Care. Based in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, but with offices all over Europe.
What are we looking for?
As a Test Automation Engineer you’ll be responsible for being involved in and contributing directly to test web applications using automation. You will be tasked with the important mission of improving the quality of our platform. You’ll be involved in creating test plans, reviewing requirements and executing tests. Documentation of the possible defects you’ll find is key. You’ll be part of the scrum team providing the software engineers with diagnostics and analysis of the defects.
What you will do
- Planning, executing and enhancing test automation infrastructure involving functional and load tests
- Design and develop test automation scripts using Java, Appium and TestNG on a Page Object Model(POM) based Framework
- Able to code and deploy functional automation scripts with minimal supervision
- Pick up manual test cases from completed sprints and convert them to functional automated scripts on continual basis
- Find more efficient ways to design, develop, maintain and execute functional automation
- Write custom x-paths and generate reliable web-element identifiers for Appium API
- Update and maintain traceability matrices to ensure test coverage
- Capture and communicate the results of testing accurately and clearly
- Provide accurate report of test progress and follow up with development team on defects and may participate in root cause analysis discussions for all defects
- Pro-actively follow up on issues and escalations and provide suggestions for possible resolutions
- A Bachelor’s degree or academic thinking and working level
- 3+ years of experience in carrying out independent test automation responsibilities
- Good understanding of source control management, build processes, test environments, bug life cycle, and frequent code release deployment QA support activities
- Experience with manual API testing using Postman, Swagger, SoapUI
- Experienced with mobile app/browser test automation using Appium on real devices and Cloud based test execution platforms including Browser Stack/Sauce Labs
- Excellent proficiency in English (both in writing and speaking); other languages are a plus
- You live in the Netherlands
- Work in a team with highly skilled developers
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions
- Work in a fast-paced environment in a company that’s growing quickly.
- Challenging environment in the center of Amsterdam
- A young, passionate and inspiring team
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready for a new challenge in a fast developing company? Don't hesitate and apply now!